The President’s Award recognises excellence in research undertaken by a member of the Australasian Wildlife Management Society within 5 years of the awarding of their PhD (Early Career Researcher) or in their professional capacity.
- 30 minute oral presentation slot at the next AWMS conference
- free conference registration
- travel costs (up to $1000) to attend the next AWMS conference
- Only members of AWMS are eligible for the award.
- The award is made on the basis of significant research conducted during the post-doctoral period (not necessarily within a formal post-doctoral position) or in a professional capacity, up to maximum of 5 years after being awarded a PhD.
- A further year is allowed (to the opening day of the conference) to make the submission.
- A panel will be appointed by the AWMS President to assess applications.
- The award will be made at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society, at which the awardee will be expected to present a keynote paper. Registration for the conference is covered by the award.
Applicants must complete the online application form and provide the following:
- a summary of the work carried out in the 5 years following the awarding of your PhD, including the background, methods, results and discussion of the study (450 - 500 words)
- a list of your publications
- a list of any prizes and/or awards received
Will be comprised of at least 2 members:
- President of AWMS
- one other committee member
The selection committee’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Conditions of entry
AWMS reserves the right not to award a grant (or grants) in any year if the entries are judged not to reach a minimum standard of quality of application.
Applications open between 1 June - 31 August each year
*PLEASE NOTE: This is an online form. You cannot save your progress in this form - the entire form must be completed in one sitting. We recommend you complete your answers in word and then copy and paste to this form when you have addressed all the criteria.