Practical Management Award
AWMS wishes to recognise those practitioners implementing outstanding wildlife management in their field.
Up to a maximum of $2500 consisting of:
- Three years free membership @ $70 per annum
- Free registration to the conference (including the conference dinner) and a presentation time slot at the conference (up to $690).
- Travel costs to a maximum of $600
- A framed certificate from the AWMS to be awarded at the conference dinner, and
- A $1000 cash prize
- Must be a field practitioner or a practitioner group involved in wildlife management in the Australasian region (Australasia includes Australia, New Zealand, Papua/New Guinea and the neighbouring islands in the Pacific Ocean).
- Must demonstrate excellence in their field.
- Must be able to give a presentation about their achievements at the conference of that year. If a practitioner group is awarded the prize the group is to nominate a member to travel to the conference to represent the group. Other group members are welcome to attend the conference but will not receive assistance from the AWMS to attend the conference.
Applicants must complete the Practitioner Award Application form, providing a summary of the following (no more than 200 words each):
- Problem definition (what was the issue, when and how often did it occur, who was involved, etc.)
- An action plan with measurable goals
- Implementation of the plan (what was/is being done)
- Monitoring and evaluation of the action plan (how was it monitored and were the goals met)
- Improvements to the process (what changes were made after monitoring and evaluation)
- Applicants must also provide the name of a referee and their contact details.
The selection committee will be comprised of:
- President of the AWMS
- An independent expert to be nominated by the president of the AWMS
- A representative from the conference organising committee
The selection committee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Applications open between 1 June - 31 August of each year